Wednesday 20 February 2019

Singapore food

I had a stopover in Singapore in each direction and took advantage to eat some Singaporean/Malaysian food as well.


I had a breakfast of Cantonese lo mein in the Changi airport transit lounge. About half the price what it would cost at home. Ny only quibble is that it was wetter than what I like.


On the way home I had a 9 hour layover so I went through immigration and headed to Little India where I shopped for jeans, sneakers and socks at the Mustafa Centre.


Following that I headed to the Komala Vilas restaurant where I had this southern Indian feast of a marsala dosai and a couple of vadais, washed down with a lassi. Most Indian cuisine in Australia is northern so this was a treat. I liked the vadai in Ananda Bhavan that I patronised on my last visit better though, those had more flavour.


I got back to the airport with time to spare and used my SGD20 Changi transit voucher for a couple of hours in the Ambassador Lounge. Food and drink were on offer, but I was stuffed so only had some soft drink. I did get a shower and that was refreshing, ahead of an 8 hour flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment