Friday 15 February 2019

Mobile phone repair

One of my goals was to see if I could get an older unused Android smartphone repaired in Chiang Mai. I figured that the labour cost would be lower there. I decided to look for a repair shop or kiosk in Central Airport Plaza, a popular shopping mall near the airport, hence its name.

There certainly was no shortage of mobile stores in this plaza. I approached a friendly looking one and showed the problems: screen popped out of the frame, flash and speaker not working. The man glanced at it and said the problems were due to the battery bloating and pushing the screen out and at the same time breaking the contacts to the flash LED and speaker. That sounded right. But in answer to the obvious question: do you have a spare battery for it, he shook his head. The popular brands in Thailand, judging from the names seen at the stores, are: Apple, Samsung, LG, Huawei, Oppo, and one I hadn't heard of before, Vivo. It seems that Moto has a centre in Bangkok but not in Chiang Mai.

Oh well, I'll have to get it repaired somewhere else, sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment